Physical Activity Improvement
Overall Health Improvement & Lifestyle Change
Each week will consist of 2 Components:
1. Physical Workout (Age and Gender Specific)
2. Wellness Education
1. Growing number of child obesity – leads to diabetes and other health issues
2. Alarming youth obesity rate in South Los Angeles
3. Children are exposed to healthy programs at school but the education stops at home
1. Offer an age/sex-appropriate program that provides information, inspiration, identification and application of healthy nutrition and fitness for the entire family.
2. Educate families on preparing healthy meals, including cultural foods.
3. Educate families on the health risks associated with obesity in adults and youth.
4. Help families develop a regular physical activity schedule that is right for them
5. Empower families to make a healthy lifestyle change.